Jan. 27, 2009
Rome, Ga. - In celebration of their historic 9-3 season which ended in the NAIA playoffs, the Shorter College football team will have a chance to celebrate at their fourth annual banquet, to be held on Feb. 22, 2009 in the Winthrop-King Centre on Shorter's campus.
The banquet will begin at 5:30 p.m. Tickets will be $15, with all players being admitted for free. To purchase tickets with Visa, Mastercard or Discover, contact the Shorter College Box Office (Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) at (706) 233-7288, or at email@example.com. To receive more information on the banquet, please contact Rachel Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those wishing to mail-in payment, you may get a printable form here.
Continue to check this page for more information!
Accolades for the 2008 Hawks football team:
- Finished the season with nine wins and three losses; ranked #11 in the final NAIA poll (link)
- Advanced to the NAIA National Playoff Championship against Unversity of the Cumberlands (link)
- Beat Bethel College in the final game of the regular season to earn the Mid-South Conference Western Division Championship (link)
- Head Coach Phil Jones received a hand-full of honors including: FCA Grant Teaff Coach of the Year (link); NAIA AFCA Region I Coach of the Year (link); Mid-South Conference West Coach of the Year (link)
- Seven Hawks were named NAIA Scholar-Athletes (link)
- A.J. Cooley was named the Mid-South Conference West Offensive Player of the Year (link)
- Logan Lollis was named the Mid-South Conference West Defensive Player of the Year (link)
- Nine Hawks were named First Team All-Conference (link)
- Seven Hawks were named Honorable Mention All-Conference (link)
- 22 Hawks were named Conference All-Academic (link)
- Beat 14th-ranked Union in first Blue-Out (link)